Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Wonderful World of Wikis

The theme of today's class was learning how to make a Wikispace. We will be doing a paper on Daniel Pink's A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule The Future. This will not be any paper though; it will be done completely done on a Wikispace. We made our own Wikispaces and are gonna start to put everything on it. And when I say everything, I mean everything: research, drafts, final and bibliography. It's going to be intense.

I'm not really sure what to reflect on from today: all we did was mess around with Wikispaces. I guess I just talk about the impression it gave me. Overall, it's a great idea. It's like any Microsoft Word document except that it's not as in depth. One of the cooler bits of Wikis is the Widget button. So many things can happen on this button: feeds, videos, pictures, graphs... it's all there! Wikispaces is a great idea and, thing, for lack of a better word. I will be constantly updating it and will post the final product on this blog.

Here's the quote for this post:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-J.R.R Tolkien

So 'Long,
A-Websta

No comments: